HEALTH

Covid-19: Institute debunks allegation of running academic activities

The management of Royal Institute of Health Technology Ifo in Ifo Local Government Area of Ogun State has debunked allegation of operating academic activities following the coronavirus pandemic.

 The Public Relations Officer of the Institute, Wale Dada made the clarification at a press conference. He said the clarification has become necessary following allegations in some quarters prompting  a meeting between college management, National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) and the National Association of Ogun State Students (NAOSS) at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, the State capital.

The students body had earlier accused the management of operating academic activities, but the management explained that, contrary to this, what took place at the college premises was a workshop held by the  Ifo Local Government authority on coronavirus pandemic.

Adewale  emphasized that this has nothing to do with the school and the students, but that the school hall was only used for the programme, stressing that, the Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES), had earlier being suspended in view of the pandemic.

‘The school was never opened for activities. What happened last wekk was that, Ifo local government area did a workshop for their health workers on control of Covid-19 pandenmic, and the hall of the school was used’, Dada explained.

The Public Relation Officer said  the students union leadership, expressed satisfaction following the authentic information given in regards the issue adding that the letter for commencement of the Students Industrial Work Experience (SIWES) programme from the  Ogun State Hospitals Management Board scheduled to start on June 15, was equally suspended following the unresolved coronavirus pandemic.

 “The students planned to resume, Monday, June 15, as directed in the letter by the Ogun State Hospitals Management Board but as I’m talking to you right now, the Siwes has been called off immediately NAOSS intervened in the situation.

“These students are health workers and part of the essential activities, in the history of their academic activities, it is important for them to have the experience of the COVID-19 control measure but as we speak, they have been called back”,

The college spokesman said the  Special Assistant on Students’ Matters to Governor, Comrade Azeez Adeyemi who presided over the peaceful meeting stated that government was not to witch hunt the school or anybody but to save the students from the risk of contracting the deadly coronavirus.

Share This
Openlife Reporter

Recent Posts

Eugene Ebenyi, Member, Forum For African Journalists, Appointed Into Ebonyi Library Board, Hails Nwifuru As Education-Friendly Governor

FAJ member Eugene Ebenyi has been inaugurated into the Ebonyi State Library Board. He described…

6 hours ago

Geregu Power Plant, One Of Nigeria’s Electricity Grid Suppliers, Trapped In N40 Billion Bond Dispute As New Chairman Seeks Reimbursement From Otedola

Geregu Power, a 435MW plant supplying Nigeria’s grid, is caught in a N40.09bn bond dispute.…

8 hours ago

Thousands Gather For Kofi Owusu Peprah Live 2026 At ICGC Evangel Temple

Thousands gathered at ICGC Evangel Temple, New Dawhenya for Kofi Owusu Peprah Live 2026. The…

11 hours ago

Full List Of Names, Positions In Tinubu’s 2027 Presidential Campaign Team

Party Chairman Professor Nentawe Yilwatda will also serve as vice chairman, while former Zamfara State…

13 hours ago

28 Years After, Leading Nigerian Gospel Singer, Asu Ekiye, Explains How His Marriage Failed

Gospel singer Asu Ekiye says his 28-year marriage to Kunemofa ended in 2025 after she…

13 hours ago

10 Things To Know About Mosquito Laboratories

Ahead of World Mosquito Day, Target Malaria’s Dr. Alekos Simoni shares 10 things to know…

15 hours ago

This website uses cookies.