NEWS

Fair dismissal ? Dangote allegedly sacks 6,000 staff

&NewLine;<p>One of the companies owned by Africa’s richest man&comma; Aliko Dangote&comma; Dangote Cement Plc is said to have allegedly sacked not less than 3&comma;000 of its workers unjustly&period;<&sol;p>&NewLine;&NewLine;&NewLine;&NewLine;<p>Our source revealed that one of the workers affected who until his dismissal was a senior officer&comma; said himself and former colleagues were sacked from both the Obajana &lpar;kogi state&rpar; and Ibese &lpar;Ogun state&rpar; stations on Monday&period;<&sol;p>&NewLine;&NewLine;&NewLine;&NewLine;<p>The former staff&comma; who spoke on the condition of anonymity said they were all called to pick-up their sack letters&period;<&sol;p>&NewLine;&NewLine;&NewLine;&NewLine;<p>The source&comma; who said Dangote declared a profit of sixteen &lpar;16&rpar; Naira per share at his Annual General Meeting &lpar;AGM&rpar; earlier in the year&comma; added that none of the staff can trace a reason to the development&period;<&sol;p>&NewLine;&NewLine;&NewLine;&NewLine;<p>&OpenCurlyDoubleQuote;Dangote just relieved about 3000 of us our jobs now&period; It’s very Pathetic here&period; I never imagined this&comma; I don’t even know what to do now&period; I’m short of ideas now&period;<&sol;p>&NewLine;&NewLine;&NewLine;&NewLine;<p>No one knows what even leads to that&comma; it was very sudden&comma; We heard it like a rumours over the weekends&comma; and it became a reality on Monday morning&comma; They started from the Ibese station&comma; no one can trace any reason to the mass sack&period; Because&nbsp&semi;<a href&equals;"https&colon;&sol;&sol;thecitypulsenews&period;com&sol;a-l-e-r-t-risk-of-contracting-covid-19-now-higher-ptf&sol;" target&equals;"&lowbar;blank" rel&equals;"noreferrer noopener"><strong>Coronavirus<&sol;strong><&sol;a>&nbsp&semi;didn’t affect our sales at all&period;”<&sol;p>&NewLine;&NewLine;&NewLine;&NewLine;<p>Asked if the development may be as a result of a fall in sales&comma; he said&comma; &OpenCurlyDoubleQuote;Loading&lpar;sale Operation&rpar; is on the high side&comma; that’s the mystery on over the case&period; Even the ogas &lpar;most senior officers&rpar; here can’t even say this is the cause&period; It was a matching order from the Headquarters &period;”<&sol;p>&NewLine;&NewLine;&NewLine;&NewLine;<p>&OpenCurlyDoubleQuote;It’s beyond them&comma; Even our Human Resources officers and Director were just crying&comma; they didn’t understand at all&period; You can imagined&period; They said they will pay necessary entitlements&comma; ” he added&period;<&sol;p>&NewLine;

Share This
Openlife Reporter

Recent Posts

Senator Ned Nwoko Points Out Traps On Tinubu’s Re Election Bid

Senator Ned Nwoko Points Out Traps On Tinubu’s Re Election Bid OpenLife Nigeria reports that…

18 hours ago

How We Operated As NADECO During Military Regime—Segun Osoba

How We Operated As NADECO During Military Regime---Segun Osoba   OpenLife Nigeria reports that after…

2 days ago

Murtala Mohammed’s Disobedience To “Order” Led To Asaba Massacre During Civil War, The Awolowo’s Intervention — Gowon

Murtala Mohammed’s Disobedience To “Order” Led To Asaba Massacre During Civil War   OpenLife Nigeria…

2 days ago

Chairman Of KSAnalysis, King Solomon, Raises Alarm: ‘Unknown Individuals Actively Plotting Against My Life, Freedom, And Professional Standing’

Chairman Of KSAnalysis   OpenLife Nigeria reports that King Solomon, a respected professional football analyst…

2 days ago

2027 War Between Wike And Fubara Gets Messier As The Governor Withdraws From Rivers APC Governorship Primary

2027 War Between Wike and Fubara Gets Messier   OpenLife Nigeria reports that Rivers State…

3 days ago

What I Told Colonel Joseph Garba Before He Overthrew My Government  On  29 July 1975 — Gowon

What I Told Colonel Joseph Garba Before He Overthrew My Government  On  29 July 1975…

3 days ago

This website uses cookies.