Categories: NEWS

Court sacks 2023 presidential candidate (PHOTO)

A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has sacked the presidential candidate of the Action Alliance party (AA), Major Hamza Al-Mustapha (rtd).

AA presidential candidate, Hamza Al-Mustapha

The court ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to remove names of all Action Alliance (AA) candidates submitted to it by the Kenneth Udeze led faction of the party.

The order, which was made available to journalists in Kaduna on Saturday, however ruled that the electoral body should display the list of candidates submitted to it by the party’s leadership under the chairmanship of Adekunle Rufai Omoaje.

Autopsy Result Reveals Ifeanyi Adeleke’s Real Cause Of Death

The court presided over by Justice Z.B Abubakar also held that the electoral body erred by failing to give recognition to the list of candidates submitted to it by Omoaje-led faction.

Omoaje had on behalf of himself and the Action Alliance approached the court to seek redress on the non recognition of the candidates submitted to INEC by him on behalf of the party.

By the judgement of the court, the candidates already announced by INEC including the presidential candidate, Major Hamza Al-mustapha (rtd) are expected to be substituted by the list of candidates submitted by Omoaje.

Al-Mustapha was announced as the presidential candidate of the AA by INEC and his name already published on the website of the electoral body.

Autopsy Result Reveals Ifeanyi Adeleke’s Real Cause Of Death

However, with the latest court judgment, Al-Mustapha may be replaced by another person endorsed by the Omoaje leadership.

They were media reports Al-Mustapha might risk losing the AA’s presidential ticket going by the litigation against him.

Justice Abubakar who cited section 29(1) of the Electoral Act, 2022, ordered that, INEC should immediately publish the names and addresses of all candidates submitted by Omoaje on behalf of the Action Alliance.

“By the provision of section 29(1) of the Electoral Act, 2022, the INEC should publish by displaying at the relevant office or offices of INEC and on its website.”

Reacting to the development, the National Chairman of AA, Adekunle Omoaje, said Kenneth Udeze who had been parading himself of the party was expelled from the party since February 14, 2020 during the party’s National Convention in Osogbo.

Source: The Nation

Share This
admin

Recent Posts

How Adeleke Failed On Day Of Success Over Insensitivity To The Dead As NDC, Human Rights Activist Kick Against Hasty Endorsement Of Tinubu’s 2027

NDC and activist Richard Akinnola have faulted Gov. Ademola Adeleke for endorsing Tinubu’s 2027 bid…

47 minutes ago

How Wunmi, Mohbad’s Wife, Court Allegedly Provided Fake DNA Centres For Paternity Test of Son, Liam {Video

Allegations surface that Wunmi and the court allegedly provided fake DNA centers for Mohbad’s son…

4 hours ago

IBB Speaks On 85th Birthday: ‘One Of The Most Difficult Decisions I Took As President’

At 85, IBB says executing General Mamman Vatsa was one of his hardest decisions as…

10 hours ago

Hours After Affirming Tinubu’s 2027 Bid, Crisis Breaks Out Between Adeleke And Presidency

Hours after endorsing Tinubu for 2027, Governor Adeleke’s Imole Campaign Council clashed with the Presidency,…

21 hours ago

Kwankwaso Talks Tough: ‘How Shekarau, Ganduje, Governor Yusuf Will Meet Their Waterloo In 2027’

Kwankwaso says Shekarau, Ganduje and Gov Yusuf are “politically finished” and warns that governors relying…

1 day ago

Almost 3 Years After Mohbad’s Death, VDM Digs Deeper To Reveal ‘Facts’ About Wife’s Role {Video}

Mohbad was a Nigerian singer, songwriter and former Marlian Music signee

1 day ago

This website uses cookies.