How To Apply
OpenLife Nigeria has gathered that the Nigerian Navy has announced the commencement of it’s 2022 recruitment exercise.
A statement on the Navy recruitment Portal noted that married men and women are not allowed to register for the recruitment.
It also stated categorically that applicants must be between the age of 18 to 26 in June 2022.
Parts of the requirement also includes the provision of Bank Verification Number (BVN) and citizens National Identification Number (NIN).
Having listed numbers of credits required for different categories, the Navy also noted that applicants would be required to produce their primary school leaving certificate at the selection interview.
See below the complete guideline for entry into the Nigerian Navy NNBTS BATCH 33.
1. Applicant must be a citizen of Nigeria by birth.
2. Applicants for entry categories A5, B1, B2, B3, C1, D1, D4, D5, D6, D7, E1, E2, E3, E4, F1 and G require School Certificate and must be between the ages of 18 – 22 years by 30 June 2022. For entry categories requiring NCE, OND, Diploma, Registered Nurse/Midwife qualifications, such as categories A1, A2, A3, A4, C2, C3, D2, E5, F2, J, K and N as well as categories D3 (Sportsmen and Sportswomen) and H (Drivers/Mechanics), applicants must be between ages of 18 – 26 years by 30 June 2022.
See the Educational Requirements for Entry into each category:
3. Applicants must not be married or have children.
4. Applicants must be free from any previous criminal conviction by a court of law.
5. Applicants with any of the following medical/physical challenges are NOT to apply: sight problem, ear problem, communicable diseases, mental problems, stammering, or any physical disability. Applicants who have tattoos are also not to apply.
6. Applicants must not be below the height of 1.69 meters for males and 1.650 meters for females.
7. Applicants are required to possess any of the following educational/professional qualifications:
a. West African Senior School Certificate Examination Certificate (not more than 2 sittings and not older than 6 years from the date of application, also applicable to sub paragraphs b – e).
b. General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level.
c. National Examination Council (NECO).
d. National Business and Technical Examinations (NABTEB).
e. WAEC City and Guilds or London City and Guild.
f. Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
g. Any other educational qualification equivalent to those mentioned above.
h. Applicants would be required to produce their primary school leaving certificate at the selection interview.
8. All applicants must indicate/provide their National Identification Number (NIN) and Bank Verification Number (BVN).
9. Applicants with other educational/professional qualifications higher than those stated in paragraph 1 (a-g) are not to apply. Applicants are warned that it is an offence to present false or forged documents for the Recruitment.
10. Certificates or qualifications not declared or tendered and accepted during the Recruitment exercise are not acceptable after recruitment and cannot be tendered for the purpose of change of department or advancement while already in the Nigerian Navy. Only qualifications obtained under proper service provisions are acceptable while in the Nigerian Navy.
11. Applicants are required to print out Applicant’s Declaration Form, Parent/Guardian Consent Form, Local Government Area Certification Form, Police Certification Form, and Guarantors Form which must be properly completed, endorsed and presented during the interview.
12. Applicants must come to the recruitment centres with the following documents:
a. Photocopies of Birth Certificate or Age Declaration.
b. Photocopies of Credentials.
c. Duly completed Identification Form must be signed by Chairman or Secretary of the Applicant’s LGA or by an officer of the rank of Commander and above (or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and Nigerian Air Force) or Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) and above who hails from the Applicant’s State of Origin.
d. Duly completed Parent/Guardian Consent Form signed by Applicant’s Parent or Guardian.
e. Four (4) passport photographs duly signed and stamped at the back by (c) above.
f. Candidates are to bring the scratch cards of their WAEC,GCE, NECO and NABTEB results to the recruitment centres.
14. Application Form is to be completed and submitted online.
15. Any applicant suspected or confirmed to have impersonated, falsified, forged, or presented false document(s) shall be disqualified from the Recruitment exercise and handed over to the appropriate law enforcement agency for prosecution.