NEWS

Farouq Akintunde salutes Abiodun on 60th birthday as the governor adjusts lockdown

The  chairmanship aspirant for  Abeokuta South local government, honourable  Farouq Akintunde has congratulated Ogun State governor, prince Dapo Abiodun on his 60th  birthday and first  anniversary in office.

Farouq commended the giant strides of Abiodun in all facets of life particularly in education, health, massive infrastructure, housing and uncommon aid to the good people of Ogun  state in pandemic.

Akintunde Solicited for the cooperation and support of Ogun state citizens for government to deliver more dividend of democracy.

The chairmanship aspirant also wishes Abiodun more glorious and fulfilled life on earth even as he describes  Abiodun  as the right man for the right time in gateway state, saying that he  is  a goal getter with unparalleled and uncommon qualities.

Meanwhile, Abiodun has adjusted the  lockdown imposed on the state with effect from Monday, 1st June, 2020.

The governor disclosed this on Thursday, while addressing journalists at his Oke-Mosan office.
He reiterated that there will only be restriction of movement on Saturday and Sunday, as free movement from Monday to Friday will be between 6am and 8pm when, thereafter, curfew will begin from 8pm to 6am.

Governor Abiodun said: “Therefore, in consideration of the need to increasingly allow economic activities and after consultations with stakeholders, and based on expert advice from medical scientists and data analysis, the second phase of the eased lockdown will commence on the first of June, as indicated last week.

“This second phase has two major elements of further relaxation of the restrictions and expansion in the number of days.

“In contrast to the current three days of Monday, Wednesday and Friday, this new phase opens up all the five working days in the week, i.e Monday to Friday, with only Saturday and Sunday as lockdown days.

“In addition, there will be no time restriction from Monday to Friday, with the exception of the curfew period from 8.00pm or as may be directed by the President.

“Let no one make a mistake, COVID- 19 is neither over nor the curve of the spread flattened. From all available data and simulations, we are yet to reach our peak, consequently the further easing of the lockdown is not a license to believe the worst is over”.
The governor said all the existing guidelines to combat COVID-19 in the State remain in place, adding that specific guidelines to guide the operations of industries have been issued and must be fully complied with by all industries, as part of preparations for full operations.

He reiterated some of the guidelines as follows: “The curfew from 8.00pm to 6.00am as directed by the President is still in place.

“Restrictions on Interstate travel are also retained, while wearing of face masks in the public is still mandatory.

“Only one passenger is still allowed for motorcyles, otherwise known as Okadas, whilst tricycles are limited to two passengers only.
In the same vein,Taxi cabs and buses still have 60% limitation on their carrying capacity and we will arrest and impound any driver that contravenes”.

The governor stated that the COVID-19 Task Force in markets are still mandated to ensure physical distancing, availability of handwashing facilities and use of gloves in addition to facemasks for traders, as fumigation will continue in the markets and other public places.

He also disclosed that limitation of all gatherings to a maximum number of 20, including religious activities, is still in effect, while currently working on the guidelines for places of worship, declaring that until this is finalized, the current restrictions apply.

According to the governor, Gyms, event centres, cinemas, arcades, bars, casinos, nightclubs, swimming pools, barber-shops, spas, beauty Salons, and all public parks, including those in private residential estates, will not be allowed to operate, even during this new phase of relaxation.

He said restaurants are permitted to provide only take-away services and should also ensure that there are no more than 10-15 customers at a time with physical distancing, as guidelines for eat-in services are being fine tuned.

Share This
Openlife Reporter

Recent Posts

Abeokuta-Ibadan Highway  Now A Death Trap For Road Users, Officers At Police Headquarters, FUNAAB And FCE Students

48 years after Obasanjo commissioned it, the old Abeokuta-Ibadan road is now a death trap…

8 hours ago

How My Alleged “Fake” Agency Was Established—Nwabueze Buchi George Reveals More

Nwabueze Buchi George has shared a purported SGF appointment letter after President Tinubu ordered his…

11 hours ago

As Erosion Threatens Nigeria’s Administrative Heartbeat In Asokoro, Maitama, Stakeholders Call For Urgent Large-Scale Engineering Works

Floods have hit Asokoro, Maitama and Guzape, forcing residents and stakeholders to demand urgent drainage…

13 hours ago

Eugene Ebenyi, Member, Forum For African Journalists, Appointed Into Ebonyi Library Board, Hails Nwifuru As Education-Friendly Governor

FAJ member Eugene Ebenyi has been inaugurated into the Ebonyi State Library Board. He described…

1 day ago

Geregu Power Plant, One Of Nigeria’s Electricity Grid Suppliers, Trapped In N40 Billion Bond Dispute As New Chairman Seeks Reimbursement From Otedola

Geregu Power, a 435MW plant supplying Nigeria’s grid, is caught in a N40.09bn bond dispute.…

1 day ago

Thousands Gather For Kofi Owusu Peprah Live 2026 At ICGC Evangel Temple

Thousands gathered at ICGC Evangel Temple, New Dawhenya for Kofi Owusu Peprah Live 2026. The…

1 day ago

This website uses cookies.